{ jenn powazek }

This is Jenn's old site. Her new site is located at powazek.com/jenn.

{ jenntrooper }
...in the ultimate search of what makes me happy in this lifetime.

10/01/2000 - 10/31/2000
11/01/2000 - 11/30/2000
12/01/2000 - 12/31/2000
01/01/2001 - 01/31/2001
02/01/2001 - 02/28/2001
03/01/2001 - 03/31/2001
04/01/2001 - 04/30/2001
05/01/2001 - 05/31/2001
06/01/2001 - 06/30/2001
07/01/2001 - 07/31/2001
08/01/2001 - 08/31/2001
09/01/2001 - 09/30/2001
10/01/2001 - 10/31/2001
11/01/2001 - 11/30/2001
12/01/2001 - 12/31/2001
01/01/2002 - 01/31/2002
02/01/2002 - 02/28/2002
03/01/2002 - 03/31/2002
04/01/2002 - 04/30/2002
05/01/2002 - 05/31/2002
06/01/2002 - 06/30/2002
07/01/2002 - 07/31/2002
08/01/2002 - 08/31/2002
09/01/2002 - 09/30/2002
10/01/2002 - 10/31/2002
11/01/2002 - 11/30/2002

Email Me!

Favorite Sites
a small victory
david baida

ViewMy Guestbook
SignMy Guestbook

Overture Search the Web.
Type it and go!

powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 31, 2001

Man, nothing I wrote in the last 5 days is posting to my website. I wonder if other people are having the same problems.
* 3:04 PM

will this work?
* 3:03 PM

Happy Birthday, Harry Potter! According to the books, he turned 15 today. I can't wait for the movie to come out. It looks incredible.

I took Jenn to the airport this morning. I was a little sad. We had such a good time together all week.....although, it does feel good to have some personal space back again. I love having company, but, I have SO much shit to get done. I just faxed four more resumes out to different companies. Hopefully one of them will work out. I also called my temp agency to let them know that I was available and ready for work this week. They said I was at the top of the list if anything comes in.....my fingers are crossed.

Jenn and I visited Tali last night. She's my best friend since 3rd grade. Her parents still live in Upland...just five minutes from my mom's house.....so, she's hanging out with them for the week. She just took the bar last week and needed a little break and parental love. We're supposed to hang out sometime this week.

I'm loving being in California but I really miss my New York friends......
* 2:41 PM

David, good luck on your trip to Texas tomorrow.....be safe!
* 12:04 AM

Man....I've been so busy. My friend Jenn has been in town.....she's leaving tomorrow morning. We've been everywhere! And, she's been such a huge help in getting my resume organized and put together, looking for apartments, filling out applications, applying for jobs......I owe her big time. We went to the Gay Pride festival in San Diego on Sunday. My friend Pedro was Emceeing so we got in for free! From 12-2:30, we watched the parade down University in Hillcrest. It was hysterical....I even spotted someone I used to work with at Natural Wonders in the parade!! There were so many protestors. I was kind of surprised. They were religious fanatics that were SO rude.....they were shouting the usual....."repent"...."shame on you"...."Jesus will save your dirty soul".....but what surprised me the most was when they started shouting "BORING...this is the most boring parade we've ever seen." I'm sorry, but there was nothing "boring" about it. Plus, what does that have to do with their purpose for being there? I don't know....I found it terribly sad. And some of the crowd found it amusing to egg them on by shouting "boring" and "shame on you" back to them. I'd rather just ignore them than have a shouting match like we were all 5 year olds.

After the parade, we headed down to the main area where Pedro was doing his thing. We sat on a grassy area and listened to some really loud music before Pedro was on. He was totally funny....told some stories that I had never heard before. We only stuck around until 6:00 because we got so tired. Sitting in the sun for three hours can poop ya out. Plus, I got a little burnt...my poor scalp! Jenn had a hat on.....I should've brought one. Oh well....

On our way out, I saw a sign for temporary tattoos. I thought that would be fun....especially because I was wearing an open back tank-top....you know, the kind that tie around the neck and then tie around the waist? It was cute.....so I got a butterfly right at the bottom of my back. It looks so cool....it makes me want a real one! But, I'm such a scaredy-cat....I don't think I could ever go through with it. Maybe I'll get a henna tattoo....I've heard those are pretty cool.

Anyhoo- faxing more resume's out tomorrow. I'm determined to have a job by the end of the week! Wish me luck....
* 12:02 AM

Wednesday, July 25, 2001

Looked at more apartments today. One that I really liked.....I submitted an application. We'll see. It is a couple of blocks up the street from my step-brother, Jon. That would be so much fun.

Nothing new to report.....hanging with Jenn.....having a good time....getting lots of stuff done. Nothing planned for tomorrow as of yet. Probably more job searching......
* 11:23 PM

Tuesday, July 24, 2001

Having so much fun with Jenn. Yesterday, I picked her up at the airport in LA and brought her back here to my mom's house. We chit chatted for a while and then went to the Olive Garden with my mom and Joel for dinner. On Monday night's in the summer, they have concerts in the park here in downtown Claremont.......kind of like in New York at Bryant Park. So, we got a blanket and listened to some live music for an hour or two in Memorial Park. Then, we just hung out back at my Mom's.....so much catching up to do. Today, we're off to Long Beach. Brother Jon is going to show us around Long Beach and hopefully find me an apartment!!
* 10:01 AM

Sunday, July 22, 2001

Had a pretty good weekend. Was out of town....needed to be. I visited my Uncle Harry and cousins in San Diego on Sunday. Man, do I have thee cutest cousins! Leah went to camp, Becca was there for an hour and then went to a Padres game, and then Jacob went over to a friend's house.....so I had bonding time at Togo's with my Uncle. I don't think we've ever had a meal together.....alone. It was so great. You know, as a kid, you grow up idolizing your Aunt's and Uncle's but not really getting to know who they are. As an adult, you either grow distanced from them because your lives just take you in different directions.....or you develop an adult relationship with them. We've actually grown a lot closer in the last couple of years. I'm so glad I can confide in him. *smile* I can't believe how big the kids have gotten. I am so proud of all of them.

Saturday, I was in a seminar all day for this new business opportunity that I found. It looks like it has major potential. It would be like a second income though....so, I'm still looking and applying for other jobs.....but, it looks like I could make a bunch of money joining this business. We'll see.....I'm still getting all of the information for it.

Saturday night, I saw my friend Pedro (deelio) in Shear Madness at the Old Town theatre in San Diego. He got us free tickets (thank you again, Deelio)! It was so great.....he is incredibly funny in the show. If you haven't seen it and you live around San Diego....GO SEE IT. I've seen it twice. It's one of those shows where the audience votes at the end who they think the killer was. So, it could have a different ending every time you see it. A lot of the second act is improv. Honestly, it is a hysterical show and you should see it if you have the chance. He's also Emceeing Gay Pride next weekend in San Diego. So look for him there too.....and look for me and Jenn. We'll be there to see Pedro do his act. As a friend, he is hysterically funny.....so, I'm sure as the Emcee, he will have us all peeing in our pants! :)

Tomorrow, one of my closest friends, Jenn, is flying in from Spokane, WA for the week. I couldn't be more excited. She lived in New York my first year there. She was a nanny for one of the guys I worked for at Merrill Lynch. He told me I should meet his nanny because we were around the same age, she didn't know anyone in New York, and he thought we'd get along well. So, I called her to see if she wanted to go shopping....and the rest is history. I haven't seen her in a year....it will be great to catch up. Thank goodness she is easy going. I'm going to drag her all over the place with me this week....to rehearsals....to look at apartments....and to find jobs! CAN'T WAIT!!

Oh, and all is resolved on the Mom home front. We had a big ole talk when I got home tonight. I think we just needed a weekend away from each other. Sometimes we have space and control issues. Finding an apartment is muy importante this week.....It will be a whole lot easier to find a job once I know where my home base will be.

The Long Beach apartment was in the hood......brother Jon told me he would NOT let me live there! *hee hee hee* So, he is going to meet Jenn and I for lunch on Tuesday and show me the good parts of Long Beach and where he's seen "for rent" signs! Yipppeee!

Off to finish cleaning, finish my laundry, and get to bed!
* 11:11 PM

Thursday, July 19, 2001

I had the interview today at Kelly Temp Agency. Good Lord.....it was an epic appointment. I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and take all these tests and then watch a stupid informational movie on the company. I wanted to walk out like four different times. I stuck it out though and passed all of the computer tests with flying colors. I was there from 8:30 am - 12:30. Can you believe that? Grrrr.... I rewarded myself with a burger, fries, and a boysenberry shake from E-Z out (a rip-off of In-N-Out). It was delicious......only to bring it home and argue with my mother some more. FUN TIMES. Then I was off to the dentist....one of my top three favorite places to be (said with a very sarcastic tone). No cavities. Thank goodness....that really would have made my day. "Your teeth are in great shape", the Doctor told me. Almost 26 years old and no cavities! I wanted to reward myself after that too but I was just emotionally and physically exhausted.....so I came home, ignored my mom, and took a big ole nappy poo.

The house is rather peaceful now. My mom is at her boyfriend's for the night. It's just me and the pooch. The funny thing is, Shayna isn't half as psychotic when my mom isn't here. She is so chill.....just sits at my feet....follows me around the house.... Hmmmmm... very interesting (said like Freud).

I've spent the last 3 hours cooking. My best friend, Tali....you know, the one that came to visit me in New York....anyhoo, she is taking the bar exam next Tuesday. She has been so stressed out, studying 15 hours a day, barely sleeping, and to top it off, there was some sort of shoot out at 6 am this morning in front of her apartment! How would you feel about "Put your hands up" waking you up? Man, and I thought I was stressed out! So, I made a big thing of fresh fruit salad, blueberry muffins, banana nut muffins, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, and a huge thing of Matzah Ball Soup. Plus I got her some pretzels, a loaf of French bread, and three drinks....an Arizona Rx Memory drink, a Sobe Energy drink, and a Sobe Green Tea with Echinacea in it. I thought those were appropriate! Oh....and I got her a mylar balloon that says Wishing You All The Best! It's cute. She isn't going to be home from the library until 10:00 tonight.....so I'll leave around 9:30....drop off the goods....give her a big hug....tell her I believe in her 100%....and then come back home.

Tomorrow, I'm going to look at that two bedroom apartment in Long Beach. I just didn't have the energy to go today so I rescheduled it for tomorrow. It sounds good over the phone and looked good online....but, we'll see what it looks like in the flesh! I also have a few good leads on some jobs that I'll check into. Hopefully something will come through soon.....I don't know how much longer I can live here at my mom's without flipping out. The last thing I need is to have more anxiety attacks. I just wish my parents would be a little more patient with me. They are so agro about me finding a job.....and the ironic thing is....I am totally looking. It would be one thing if I wasn't trying and was just pissing my days away. But I've been spending everyday working on my resume, faxing and emailing it to different companies, and I've been on the phone with everyone scheduling interviews and getting information. What more should I be doing? I've only been home for TWO WEEKS! Shit...it makes me so mad. They were incredibly supportive over the phone when I was having my breakdown in New York. And now that I'm back, they are just pushing me and pushing me instead of letting me figure things out and just supporting me. Grrrrrrr...... parent/daughter relationships are so confusing. I'm hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. For now, I've crawled into my shell and am hiding for a while.
* 9:01 PM

Wednesday, July 18, 2001

Great night.....fought with Dad....fought with Mom....and thusly, had an anxiety attack. I love these kinds of days! Had fun with Tami at her show this morning though. She's amazing. Tonight, I grabbed coffee with Erin Higgins.....my long-time friend since 2nd grade. It was good to catch up with her..... and vent. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I have an interview at a temp agency in the morning (yippee), and then a 1:00 dentist appointment (double yippee), and then an appointment in Long Beach for an apartment that sounds pretty cool. I'm hoping that will be a positive experience. Some days I probably should just stay in bed..... today was one of those days.
* 11:39 PM

Tomorrow- seeing Tami in Singin In the Rain in Long Beach and going apartment hunting. Must move out soon!
* 12:29 AM

Tuesday, July 17, 2001

WOW! I haven't posted in forever. My deepest apologies. I have been on a non-stop ride since my friend Danny got into town. Jon and I met up with Ryan and Danny on Friday in the afternoon. We got some lunch at the Macaroni Grill (YUMMY) and then hung out at Ryan's house in Northridge.....caught up....laughed and laughed some more. We caught a matinee of Moulin Rouge that afternoon..... LOVED IT! I can't wait to buy the video. That night, we decided to get a quick, cheap dinner, at Ryan's favorite Thai place (mmmm...tofu pad thai, my favorite) .....and then we headed out to The Abby in West Hollywood. They have really incredible martinis and lots of interesting people to look at! Danny and I had Watermelon Martinins! WHEW....they were so sweet. Jon and Ryan had Grey Goose Dirty Martinis! After our drinks, we walked up and down Santa Monica Blvd.....looked in some funny novelty shops... and just cruised the boulevard looking at all of the people!

On Saturday, Danny, Ryan and I headed to Disneyland. I was so excited. I hadn't been there for a couple of years. We had thee most amazing time. I don't think I stopped eating and laughing all day......or all weekend for that matter! At Disneyland, we went on almost every ride (except I didn't go on the roller coasters.....my anxiety is still a little too high to go there....plus, I don't really like rollercoasters!). Danny and Ryan did the roller coasters! We watched the shows, the parade, and even had lunch at the Blue Bayou... you know, the restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean. That was cool. My favorite ride was the Haunted House. We all squished into one car and just laughed the whole way through. We watched the fireworks show and then hit a few more rides before the park closed at midnight. Danny had reserved a hotel room at the Park Inn for the night. It was right across the street from Disneyland so that way we didn't have to pay for parking or worry about driving home late at night. Again, back at the hotel, we got ready for bed and fell asleep laughing.

Sunday morning, we got up, looking like worn out crack whores, and dragged our sorry asses nextdoor to MacDonald's for some breakfast. Nice huh? I got some funny pictures.....we looked so trashy! After our nutritious breakfast, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our day. Our friend Andre signed us in for free to the California Adventure park. We spent ALL day there..... eating and laughing. That park is ok.....not great. There were some cool parts to it but let me put it this way.....I'm glad we got in for free. I would have been disappointed if I had to pay for it! The best thing at the park is this ride called Soarin Over California. It's a simulated ride that takes you up kind of high, and then puts you in front of this HUGE screen. It shows a bunch of scenes from California and makes you feel like you are flying over it all. AND, when you pass over orange groves, you smell oranges....and when you pass through this pine forest, you smell pine, etc... Cool huh! At the beginning, I thought I was going to be sick.....I was a little scared because it feels so real. You are so high up and it starts out with you flying through the clouds. It is absolutely beautiful but it freaked me out at first. I thought.....oh my gosh, if I have an anxiety attack up here, I'm screwed!! So, I just closed my eyes for a little bit....knew that I had two of my closest friends on either side of me.....took some deep breathes....and then opened my eyes and enjoyed the rest of the ride. And of course, when we were done, I said I want to do that again!! Sometimes I am so silly.

Another cool part of the park is they serve alcohol (unlike Disneyland). They have a Napa Valley wine tasting area and an area that serves beer! We sat under a tree and had some really good wine. I liked that part!

At the end of the evening, we got big ole waffle cones full of ice cream and sat down to watch the Electrical Parade. You may think it's corny, but I love the Electrical Parade. For some reason, I become this little kid and just sit there in awe of all the bright lights and fun characters. I clapped along and waved at everyone......sometimes it's great to feel like you're 7 years old again.... and have no inhibitions.

Since California Adventures closed at 10:00 and Disneyland was open until midnight, Danny and Ryan wanted to go over to Disneyland and do a few more rides. At that point, I was absolutely pooped. I told them to go on in and I'd meet them at the hotel. We didn't have the room anymore but my car was there, in a totally safe and lit lot. So, I went to my car...put on some music.... read some of my book....and FELL ASLEEP!! At midnight, Danny and Ryan called my cell phone to let me know they were on their way back. I was supposed to drive back to Northridge with them and then take Danny to the airport Monday morning. But, I realized that would be a total waste of time....to drive an hour up to Northridge at midnight and then an hour home at 8:00 in the morning. Plus, I was absolutely exhausted and didn't want to drive that far. I just decided to head back to Claremont.....which is only about 30 minutes from Disneyland. We all needed to wake up in order to drive home so for the second time that day, we went to MacDonald's.....got some fries and sodas.....and laughed for another hour. Finally at 1:15 in the morning, I said my goodbyes, thanked Danny for THEE most incredible weekend I've had in a long time, and told him Ryan and I would be up to San Francisco very soon!

Last night, I saw Doctor Doolittle 2. Not great....but had a few funny moments. I love Eddie Murphy though....so I chuckled through the whole thing. All in all, it was ok. Today, I went out to a park with a bunch of friends and dogs and threw around the frisbee, layed out and got a little tan, and played soccer.

On my way home, I was just thinking about all of my friends. I feel so lucky. I can't believe how blessed I am to be surrounded by so many incredible people....people who I admire....people who I confide in....people who challenge me and people who support me. Wow.... I was in such a dark place for the last couple of months. It feels so good to be in the warm sun again. It's about time, huh?
* 11:58 PM

Thursday, July 12, 2001

Mom had surgery today. She has carpal tunnel syndrome in her wrists.....can be painful. So, she had surgery on her right wrist. I took her to the hospital this afternoon at 12. I sat with her and helped her get situated. I forgot how much hospitals freak me out. I started having flashbacks of my grandma and sitting with her in the hospital in Florida.....the smell of the oxygen.....and my mom's surgery she had in 1997 on her back. She has scoliosis and had MAJOR spine surgery.....they put two steel rods in her back. I basically lived at the hospital during that one. All of these things began to crowd my mind......I got terribly antsy and anxious and had to leave. Plus, I had a haircut appointment at one o'clock!

I gave my mom a hug and kiss and bolted out of there as quickly as I could. As soon as I got to the car, I called my brother. I needed some sibling support. We chatted all the way to the hair place. It was exactly what I needed. Thank you, Derek!

As soon as I was done getting my new do, I decided that shopping would be the best way to keep my mind busy and make the time pass faster. So, for FIVE HOURS, I shopped......got a few cute things. I basically needed to kill time until my mom was done. She was supposed to be done at 5:00 but didn't end up being done until 7:00!! I had spent enough money by then and was tired of walking the mall......so, I headed back to the hospital....up to the recovery room! She was just chillin in a bed, watching Jeopardy...with a big ole club hand. She was in high spirits and was glad to see me and get out of there. She didn't even need a wheelchair out.... she walked! What a big girl. Right now she is in bed, resting. I am on personal duty until tomorrow morning....then her boyfriend will be here and he will be on duty!

Tomorrow....hanging with my friend Danny who is in town from San Francisco for the weekend! Can't wait! Saturday, we're doing Disneyland!! Looking forward to a fun weekend with my friends.....

Next week.....serious job and apartment hunting! I wonder when all of my boxes are going to arrive?

Michael, I had a slurpee today! Cherry-coke mixed....yum!
* 9:23 PM

Tuesday, July 10, 2001

Grrrrrr......frustrated!! Living at home is NOT easy. Going apartment hunting tomorrow!

Had dinner tonight at the Buffalo Inn with my Dad. It was really good.....thank goodness....I'm so glad we are connecting. Tomorrow, another rehearsal for the new show. We'll see how that goes. AND dinner tomorrow with Jon and Laura! Looking forward to that.

Still sick.......
* 8:28 PM

Saturday, July 07, 2001

Yipppeee....the wedding is OVER! I survived....literally. Even though I woke up coughing and had major nasal drainage going on (sorry if that is too much info for y'all), the songs came out beautifully. I felt pretty good about it. They couldn't tell I was sick.... that's what is most important. Never let your audience know how hard you're working...make it look easy. Well, I did.... I sang my two songs within the service, collected my cash, and bailed out of there! I need to do these things more often! It's really easy money.

Now, I'm just relishing in the fact that the house is so quiet. My mom and the pain-in-the-ass dog, are gone for the weekend. The house hasn't been this quiet since I got home.......hmmmmm.....a nap is starting to sound good. The dog, Shayna, woke me up this morning at 8:00 barking her head off. My mom justified her barking because there were two other dogs across the street. I'm sorry, but incessant barking at 8:00 am is NOT justified in my book. I had a strong urge to tape her mouth shut. I didn't, of course....but I was not happy with her. Thusly, why I am so stoked about my empty house!

Tonight......I might hit a bar with some friends....might rent a movie and chill out by myself.....might finish my book..... Hmmm...isn't it nice to have options?
* 6:27 PM

Friday, July 06, 2001

Kind of had a hectic day today.....had my rehearsal with the organist. It's funny....my singing voice is fine...my talking voice is silly and cracky. I guess that is ok since I need to sing tomorrow. Then, I ran up to my mom's school to get a fax from my insurance company proving that I'm insured (since they haven't sent me my real paperwork yet)......drove over to the DMV and waited in line for an hour only for them to tell me that I need my car smog checked before I can get my stickers of registration. Grrrr......so, I went to the nearest place, got my smog certificate for FIFTY BUCKS...went back to the DMV, got my stickers, and then stopped at Alberto's for some mexican take out! Lots of running around today. At least it's all done now. I was freaking out driving my car around without it being registered! Could be bad news!

Oh, and news from Deelio.....the role of Sophie has been cast for the Broadway production of Mamma Mia. They are using the girl from the Toronto cast (who I've heard isn't great). I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or not.....it's just kind of blah! Thanks for the info Deelio! I hope to see you soon. Aren't you going on for Tony in Sheer Madness next week? I can't wait to see it!

off to take more cough medicine.....
* 7:57 PM

Thursday, July 05, 2001

Still sick....still in my pj's.....still coughing.... I hope my voice is back by tomorrow. I have a rehearsal with the organist for the wedding. Rented some movies for the night....just gonna chill with my mom...I don't think I'll get out of my jammies today!
* 4:52 PM

Wednesday, July 04, 2001

Happy 4th of July! I am at home and on vocal rest.....I got so sick last night. Went out to dinner and a movie with Jon and his parents and got worse and worse as the night went on. By the time we got home, I was a mess.....coughing and blowing my nose. Today I feel like absolute ASS....thusly, why I am home and not out watching fireworks and partying! I have to sing Ave Maria at a wedding on Saturday and as of now, have NO voice....so, I need to just drink my tea and steam my face, and go to bed early! I did go to the Claremont 4th of July Parade this afternoon though...that was fun. My Dad barbequed chicken for dinner and my step-brother Jon and his wife Laura came over. I made an angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries and blueberries in the design of a flag. *hee hee hee* I thought it was cute!

Ok, off to bed I go....yuck- I hate being sick. I knew my body would breakdown at some point though....especially after all of the stress it's been under! Watch some fireworks for me!
* 8:49 PM

Tuesday, July 03, 2001

Off to get my oil changed, new tires for the car, and get a new cell phone (since I stepped on mine and broke it). Listen, if you haven't voted for {fray} yet at the Webby Awards- DO IT!! I agree with what my brother said about popularity contests being meaningless....but the truth of the matter is {fray} is such an incredible place for self-expression and storytelling and it deserves the recognition. So, for me, for him, for our country.....GO VOTE!!

.....and have a good day.

By the way, thank you Michael for my Bernadette Peters cd! You are so thoughtful! I was jumping up and down when I opened it. You know she is my absolute favorite! Now I can check that off of my amazon.com wishlist. Thank you!!
* 9:54 AM

Monday, July 02, 2001

Just did two loads of laundry....it's so nice to actually have laundry facilities INSIDE the house.....instead of having to walk four blocks up the street with all of the stuff. Going to bed soon....I'm pooped. Tomorrow- getting new tires for my car, an oil change, and SUSHI. *smile*
* 11:40 PM

Home again, home again, jiggity jig......it's always nice to come home. The flight was great....no major turbulence....thank goodness. Grabbed breakfast after the flight with my mom, Jon, and his mom at BC's Cafe.....yum! Jon and I flew together....that was a bunch of fun. Honestly. I've never really flown with anyone before....except my parents at certain occassions. Jetblue has this tv feature....I watched cartoons almost the whole way. Had Benji, my bear, on my lap, and Phoenix, my beta fish, in a tupperware in my purse. It was quite funny.

Off to go drive my car around.....make sure it's working....and pick up some Del Taco. *smile* Tonight, dinner at Red Lobster with my mom for her birthday!

Wow.....I almost feel centered....how nice.
* 3:38 PM

Sunday, July 01, 2001

The last couple of days have been full of drinking, socializing, packing, cleaning, organizing, and saying so long for nows. It's been so crazy. In a nutshell, the moving company I was signed up with turned out to be a scam....they called last minute and said "oops, we quoted you the wrong price....it's actually twice the amount we told you!" and the lady was a total bitch. So, last minute Friday night, I had to find a different moving company. That was a big ole disaster. I ended up going with Bekins....and they picked all of my stuff up on Saturday afternoon. Saturday morning, Randie and I put all of our stuff out for the yard sale, and Virginia, my pain in the ass landlady, told us she didn't want all of that stuff on "her property" and that it was an "eye sore to the community". We ignored her.....so, she called the cops. Lovely huh? End of yard sale....made $3.50. How much do I love her?

Now, all packed up.....I'm leaving, on a Jetblue plane tomorrow morning at 7:00 am....have to be at JFK at 6:00.... have to be up at 4:45. Off to bed I go.....this is my last post in Astoria, New York. I'm feeling pretty good about it. A little nervous about flying.....think good flying thoughts for me. Tomorrow, Mom's Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!! See you soon....

Goodbye New York......for now......
* 8:53 PM