Five things I would tell my teenage self if I could go back in time (with apologies to Merlin's 5ives):
1. Being depressed doesn't make you interesting, no matter how good you get at it.
2. There's no shame in making money from art. In fact, that's kind of a great goal.
3. Woody Allen is a terrible role model. You'll see.
4. It's not all your parent's fault. Or, at least, blaming them doesn't do anyone any good, least of all you.
5. The only person you should make a project out of saving is yourself.
This section is called Just a Thought. It's a blog where I post little pieces of what I'm thinking about at the moment. This page shows thoughts about 5ives, including:
12 September 2004
Join the POWlist
Enter your email address here so I can send an occasional note to your inbox. Only good things, I promise. More info »
Working the web since 1995, Derek Powazek is the creator of many award-winning websites, a couple of which still exist. Derek is the cofounder of JPG Magazine and the CCO of 8020 Publishing. Derek lives in San Francisco with his wife, two nutty Chihuahuas, a grumpy cat, and a house full of plants named Fred. More »
Join the POWlist to receive the occasional note.