Just a thought from 12 September 2004 about 5ives.
Five things I would tell my teenage self if I could go back in time (with apologies to Merlin's 5ives):
1. Being depressed doesn't make you interesting, no matter how good you get at it.
2. There's no shame in making money from art. In fact, that's kind of a great goal.
3. Woody Allen is a terrible role model. You'll see.
4. It's not all your parent's fault. Or, at least, blaming them doesn't do anyone any good, least of all you.
5. The only person you should make a project out of saving is yourself.
This section is called Just a Thought. It's a blog where I post little pieces of what I'm thinking about at the moment. This page is an individual entry called “High Five” that I wrote on 12 September 2004.
A Powazek/Champ Production
6 September 2004
They're called "photobloggers" - a sloppy term for sloppy times. They're people who, armed with cameras ranging from cheap to...
18 September 2004
Working the web since 1995, Derek Powazek is the creator of many award-winning websites, a couple of which still exist. Derek is the cofounder of JPG Magazine and the CCO of 8020 Publishing. Derek lives in San Francisco with his wife, two nutty Chihuahuas, a grumpy cat, and a house full of plants named Fred. More »
Join the POWlist to receive the occasional note.
2007 with Bugsley Dante 26 December 2006
Quitting Smoking. Again. 10 December 2006
Last Week to Submit to JPG Issue 8 24 November 2006
Subscribe to JPG Magazine! 11 November 2006
How to Write a Book in Three Easy Steps 6 November 2006
|Design for Community
|San Francisco Stories
|We've Got Blog