Last year I made some resolutions here on the ol' dotcom. Let's recap:
1. Sell the car. Check!
2. Launch JPG. Check!
3. Quit smoking. Check! Then ... uncheck. Sigh.
4. Kick ass at work. IMHO, Check!
5. Remember to treasure every moment. Doing my best.
6. Be more patient with those who mean well but communicate poorly. Doing my best.
7. Take Fray to the next level, whatever that is. Does putting it on hiatus count? If so, check.
8. Self-publish a book. Check!
I guess I'll keep those "doing my best" ones on the list for this year, as well as that pesky unchecked one. And here area few new ones for 2006:
9. Get more serious with JPG Magazine.
10. Say yes more than no. Much more.
11. Keep feathering the nest.
12. [This one's in my inside voice. I know what it is. You'll see.]
This section is called Just a Thought. It's a blog where I post little pieces of what I'm thinking about at the moment. This page is an individual entry called “My Resolutions for 2006” that I wrote on 28 December 2005.
The Household Beautification Project Continues
Our hallway ceiling is now a stunning shade of "Frank's Fire." The only Frank I know is my cousin...
28 December 2005
JPGs in the Wild
JPG Magazine Issue 4 has been out for a couple weeks now, and the contributors are just starting to get...
4 January 2006
Working the web since 1995, Derek Powazek is the creator of many award-winning websites, a couple of which still exist. Derek is the cofounder of JPG Magazine and the CCO of 8020 Publishing. Derek lives in San Francisco with his wife, two nutty Chihuahuas, a grumpy cat, and a house full of plants named Fred. More »
Join the POWlist to receive the occasional note.
2007 with Bugsley Dante 26 December 2006
Quitting Smoking. Again. 10 December 2006
Last Week to Submit to JPG Issue 8 24 November 2006
Subscribe to JPG Magazine! 11 November 2006
How to Write a Book in Three Easy Steps 6 November 2006
|Design for Community
|San Francisco Stories
|We've Got Blog