{ jenn powazek }

This is Jenn's old site. Her new site is located at powazek.com/jenn.

{ jenntrooper }
...in the ultimate search of what makes me happy in this lifetime.

10/01/2000 - 10/31/2000
11/01/2000 - 11/30/2000
12/01/2000 - 12/31/2000
01/01/2001 - 01/31/2001
02/01/2001 - 02/28/2001
03/01/2001 - 03/31/2001
04/01/2001 - 04/30/2001
05/01/2001 - 05/31/2001
06/01/2001 - 06/30/2001
07/01/2001 - 07/31/2001
08/01/2001 - 08/31/2001
09/01/2001 - 09/30/2001
10/01/2001 - 10/31/2001
11/01/2001 - 11/30/2001
12/01/2001 - 12/31/2001
01/01/2002 - 01/31/2002
02/01/2002 - 02/28/2002
03/01/2002 - 03/31/2002
04/01/2002 - 04/30/2002
05/01/2002 - 05/31/2002
06/01/2002 - 06/30/2002
07/01/2002 - 07/31/2002
08/01/2002 - 08/31/2002
09/01/2002 - 09/30/2002
10/01/2002 - 10/31/2002
11/01/2002 - 11/30/2002

Email Me!

Favorite Sites
a small victory
david baida

ViewMy Guestbook
SignMy Guestbook

Overture Search the Web.
Type it and go!

powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 31, 2001

frustrated...............I just don't understand men.
* 2:02 PM

Off to have dinner with friends, Andrea and Joel. Yummmmy...Italian food in midtown!
* 1:58 PM

My friend, Tiffany, went to an audition yesterday that I was thinking of going to. It was for Carousel and Funny Girl at Papermill Playhouse. I decided not to go because A. my cash flow is runnin out, B. rent is due tomorrow, and C. I really should put some overtime in here at work. So, she called me to let me know how it went. Apparently, the directors told everyone before the audition started that if you are under 5'5", not to audition because you'll be wasting their time. They were looking for tall girls. Well, thank goodness I didn't go!! As most of you know, I am just barely 5'1"!! It probably would've been a waste of my time too. Don'tcha think they could've posted that in the audition notice so that everyone's time wouldn't have been wasted?
* 11:20 AM

My cousin, Erin, is thee coolest person. She is a Senior at the University of Arizona and is majoring in sign language! The funny thing is, her hands are tiny! They are like a little girl's hands. Anyway, she lost her good luck charm and needs another one. It was a small, plastic, glow-in-the-dark frog. Anyone know where to find something like that? Let me know.
* 10:18 AM

Anyone love Elaine Stritch? If so, check out theatremania. There is a great interview with her. She talks all about her experience recording the soundtrack to Company, the musical. There is great footage of it on the DVD. If anyone feels like sending me a random present, it's on my wish list :)
* 9:01 AM

No luck.......just checked weather.com. It looks like it is going to rain on Friday and snow on Sunday. RATS!
* 8:44 AM

Hump-day ........bored at work, again. At least it's almost lunch time! Can you believe it is 49 degrees out today. It is just amazing for winter in New York. I was actually NOT cold walking to the subway this morning. Hallelujah!! I wish I were outside, enjoying the pleasant weather. Hopefully it will be like this through the weekend.
* 8:43 AM

Tuesday, January 30, 2001

What was up with blogger yesterday? It was busy or something and I couldn't post anything all afternoon! What a drag. I'll just have to make up for it today.

My boss is in London on business all week. That means I have absolutely NOTHING to do for the entire day. Thank goodness I brought my book today. I am reading Me Talk Pretty One Day, by David Sedaris. I've read every other book of his.....this is the last one! He is a great storyteller, very funny!
* 6:38 AM

Yippee! I love it when new people sign my guestbook! Thank you! Feel free to list my site on any of your sites. I would definitely dig more traffic on my site! :)

So, my mom says it is my diet. I am not eating enough.......she might be right. No more Slim Fast! I am going to eat small meals every 2-3 hours. OY!
* 6:35 AM

Monday, January 29, 2001

HIGH ANXIETY..........that's what my Dad said it is.
* 10:45 AM

Monday, Monday.........I had a pretty quiet weekend......I slept a lot. Yesterday, I had another panic attack but this time it was at the gym. I was on the eliptical machine and was monitoring my heart rate. I had been on the machine for 25 minutes and noticed my heart rate was a little high so I started taking slow, deep breaths to slow it down. Well, it did slow down.....dramatically. It dropped and dropped and dropped all the way down to 95!! I started freaking out and hyperventilating...got dizzzy, the usual routine. So, I got off of the machine, kept breathing, and went into another room to lay down. Once I got to my senses, I realized the machine must've had a glich and not recorded my heart rate correctly. Maybe I wasn't holding on to the silver bars tight enough. Either way, it really freaked me out. Well, since then, I've been paying too close of attention to my breathing. I had another attack last night while I was just sitting down watching the superbowl. I feel like I'm not regularly breathing. I am trying too hard to breathe. What is the deal? It comes and goes. Sometimes I am fine but there are moments where I am too concerned about how much air I'm taking in. I think I need to relax a little bit. Maybe I am just totally stressed out. I think I need a vacation!
* 7:27 AM

Friday, January 26, 2001

SIGN MY GUESTBOOK please. It looks so pathetic. Only two entries. Please, let me know what you think.......thank you.
* 1:33 PM

I can't wait to go home, take off my work clothes, put on my Powerpuff Girls pajamas and slippers, put my hair in a ponytail, and get in my bed for the rest of the night. It's been a friggin long week! And I can't even sleep-in tomorrow because I have a voice lesson. :{ Oh well.......at least I have no plans for the weekend (except doing laundry). It's supposed to snow all day tomorrow! I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I am too tired to care.
* 1:31 PM

* 1:26 PM

Sleepy.......headache........I think last night's event is starting to catch up with me. Only about 3 more hours left of work! Arg.....
* 11:14 AM

Last night was so much fun. After work, I stopped into Strawberries (a discount clothing store) and got some sassy tops as options for the evening. Then, I headed over to Foote's in midtown. We chilled there for a bit and then went to the Mannhattan Chili Company for some margaritas and salads. Yum-my! Fat and full, we went back to her apartment and tried to digest before we had to put our outfits on for the party. We ended up both being dressed in all black and looking FIERCE (if I must say so myself). We went outside, hailed a cab, got to the bar, and what we dreaded might happen was happenning. They were checking I.D's! There was a sudden moment of panic and then sadness. Foote thought she was just going to have to get back in the cab and go home since she had no I.D. The guy at the door was really cool though. She gave him the sad story about the dissappearance of her wallet, he asked her birthdate, looked at my I.D., and then let us both in. SUCCESS!

Inside, there were tons of people. Sheila's group was in the back section of the room. As we headed back there, I immediately spotted Sheila, standing in a clump of people. Foote and I put our coats down and just kind of stood over to the side, people watching and waiting for Sheila to notice us. Eventually, Sheila saw me and called us over to meet her friends and the rest of her family. I met Sheila's dad, Murray, who was my dad's best friend in college, and Sheila's siblings, Cara and Nathan. These are cousins on my mom's side. Then I met MORE cousins from my mom's side that I had never met before, Michael and Scott Stark. It was thee coolest experience. I never knew I had so many cousins on my mom's side of the family! They are all such wonderful people. I know Sheila is going to love LA but to be honest, I am kind of bummed that she is moving already because I would love to hang with both she and her family some more.

After hanging there for a couple of hours, meeting a bunch of people, and having a few drinks, we all started to say our goodbye's and head out. I would've stayed longer but I knew if I did, I wouldn't have made it into work this morning. Foote and I stood outside in the freezing cold and hailed a cab to go back to her apartment. I needed to pick up all my stuff that I had left there. Our cab driver was this totally insane, crazy woman. She was cracking out jokes and making us pee in our pants the entire way. We asked what her name was and she said, "With or without my turban?" and we said "both". So she continued, "My name is Rochelle without the turban, but with the turban, it's Achmed." I haven't smiled and laughed that hard in a really long time. I have never had that sort of experience in a cab. We told her that the next time we needed a cab, we would request her. Rochelle rocked!

So, I gathered up my things at Foote's place. By then, it was after midnight. I was really tired so I hailed another cab to take me home to Astoria instead of waiting forever to catch the subway. There was so much traffic on the 59th Street Bridge, it took an hour to get home. On my way there, I called my mom to tell her all about the family I met that evening. She sounded a little envious. Once I got home, there was a message on the machine from my cousin on my dad's side, Sarah Saltzman. She lives in San Francisco. We don't know eachother all that well so I was stoked to hear from her. Apparently, she is going to be in New York in April with a friend of hers and wants to stay with me! EXCELLENT. So, at 1:00 am my time, I called her back. We had a great conversation! I told her to just keep me updated on her plans as it gets closer.

What a full day. Work, dinner, drinking, cab, family, crazy cab, and more family!! Totally good times.
* 6:39 AM

Thursday, January 25, 2001

Yolanda is still chillin on my chin. You know, the more make-up you put on it to cover it up, the worse it looks.
* 1:42 PM

Slow day.......I have a party to go to tonight for my cousin Sheila. She is moving to LA (so jealous) next week. She works for Universal Records as a publicist so there will be lots of industry-type people there. Very excited about that. Plus, I will get to meet her Dad, who was my Dad's best friend growing up, through grade school. That should be interesting. I just hope I stay awake. I'm really exhausted. After work, I am meeting Foote for dinner and then she's going with me to the bar. I hope she gets in. She lost her wallet this week and has no form of I.D. That's gotta suck.
* 1:39 PM

The callback yesterday went really really well. There was a group of about 10 people, 5 men and 5 women. We did a little tap dance all together and then in groups of two. Then, they called me in to sing again and then read a scene from the script. The director gave me lots of compliments so I felt pretty good about it. But really, you never know.
* 6:56 AM

Wednesday, January 24, 2001

Ok, I can't stand it anymore....I am logging off and leaving early. Think good tap dancing and singing thoughts for me!
* 10:59 AM

hair is curled, make-up is on, tights and leotard are on, and teeth are brushed......damn, I forgot my deoderant..... oh well, I put some on this morning.....hopefully it's still working!
* 10:54 AM

30 minutes left before I have to leave work.......
* 10:45 AM

Countdown to my callback.......60 minutes before I have to leave work.....
* 10:19 AM

What's up with hotmail?? It's not working. Is it my computer or are they working on the site?
* 8:14 AM

MCI Worldcom is the devil.
* 6:28 AM

Tuesday, January 23, 2001

Still at work....arg........
* 3:14 PM

I'd like to welcome my new friend on my chin. I figure it's calling enough attention to itself, I might as well just introduce it. Let's see.....I'll name it .......Yolanda. Everyone say hello to Yolanda!
* 1:34 PM

It's the 23rd today!! 23 is my lucky number.........today MUST be a good day.
* 10:50 AM

Back at work. I went and auditioned for North Shore this morning. I woke up at 5:30, showered, put my pajamas back on, and left the house at 6:15. I got there at 6:55am. There was a line outside the building already!! I was like number 73!! I was soooooo pissed. So, I stood there, OUTSIDE until 8:00 when they opened the doors. Luckily, I had warm clothes on and some coffee.....but the last 15 minutes were pretty brutal. I was freezing. Thank goodness, most people signed up for slots in the afternoon. The audition started at 9:30. I got into the 9:50 slot. That gave me enough time to get dressed, put on my make-up, and curl my hair. No time for warming up...... oh well!

My song went well, I thought. They seemed pretty interested.......but you never really know.

Gosh, all of that for just a 20 second moment of fame.........

callback for George M tomorrow.......
* 8:57 AM

Monday, January 22, 2001

Tomorrow, I am going back to the North Shore audition. I am going to try to be at the Equity Building by 7:00 am. Arg!! The thing that really sucks is the building doesn't open until 8:00 am. That means that I will be waiting OUTSIDE in the SNOW for an hour.
Think warm thoughts for me.
* 2:13 PM

MCI Worldcom can bite me.
* 10:52 AM

How about Elizabeth Taylor last night on the Golden Globe Awards?
* 8:24 AM

The GOOD news is ........I had the audition for George M on Saturday. Personally, I thought I sucked. I was first one to sing, at 10:00 am. I didn't feel vocally warm enough and I flubbed some words. Also, the pianist played my song, The Trolley Song, soooooooo slow! I thought I was going to die by the end of the song! Well, the casing director called me two hours later! They want me to come in again and tap for them on Wednesday. YIPPEEEEE!! I am very excited. Tapping, for me, is like walking- it's completely natural. So, I am not nervous about that at all!

This is my first real call-back in New York. I've been asked to stay or made it down to the final cut in a day, but I don't think I've ever been actually called back. Things are looking up!
* 7:00 AM

I am suppossed to be at an audition right now for North Shore Theatre...... but I am at work. I went at eight o'clock (which I thought was early- the audition wasn't until 9:30) and there were already 300 people there! It was insane. So, I decided to just go to work. They are having another call tomorrow so I will just go to that one. I'll have to get there at 7:00........lord help me!
* 6:54 AM

Friday, January 19, 2001

Audition tomorrow for George M.........do I really want to do this anymore? Ugh...decisions, decisions. So, if I decided to give up the business, what do you think I should do? "DREAM JOB"
* 1:51 PM

Yippeeeee.....my "email me" link is working!! Feel free to email me....
* 1:13 PM

Just spoke with Tiffany! We're going to hang out tomorrow after our auditions (and possible rejections). We are going to go out and get WILD!! Very excited......
* 12:14 PM

Yummy.....mozzerella, red peppers, tomato, and lettuce sandwich.....*smiling*
* 12:13 PM

Do you like my new settings?
* 7:49 AM

The audition for Brigadoon last night SUCKED. Ok, it didn't suck....... everything surrounding the audition sucked. I am going to take a moment to vent so if you don't want to hear it, do not read any further.

So, I left work at 1:00 to be at the audition at 2:00. Did I happen to mention that it was snowing and 30 degrees? Ok, moving on, I got to the audition (rather wet) at 1:45. I hadn't signed up last week so I went to the room of "those who didn't (or forgot) to sign up". There I waited.......sitting on the wood floor....... in the cold room......for my number to be called. I was number 131. So I sat and sat and sat until 5:15. Oh joy, my turn.....now that I was ASLEEP and hungry and having major stomach issues and looking like the ultimate crack whore! Mind you, I had first applied my make-up at 6:30 that morning before I went to work and had continued to reapply every other hour. I looked good.

By this time, I had overheard so many theatre bitches talking about who was doing what show, what they last did, dropping names, and talking SO loudly so that everyone could be a part of their conversation. How nice of them. Thank goodness I had my walkman and book. David Sedaris was helping me to escape the "reality" of theatre.

I had seen girls go in and come out. Almost all of them had to include us in how they did and what they had said while they were inside the room. I found out that they were asking people to stay and dance. Not everyone, just those they were interested in.

I was in the last group. When I went in, I recognized the choreographer, Peggy Hicky. She knew me too. She was very sweet....we exchanged hello's and how are you's. They only wanted 16 bars, so I sang the ending of You've Got Possibilities. It's a very spunky, flirty, belty song. I was surprised how well it came out, being that I had been half unconscious for the previous 3 and 1/2 hours. They seemed to enjoy it. Peggy said, "Wow, you really sound great. Thank you. It was good seeing you again." I said "You too."

And I stood there.......waiting.......hoping that they would say, "You're a dancer right? Can you stay to dance for us?"

But they didn't.......so I walked out.........into the snow..
* 6:23 AM

Wednesday, January 17, 2001

I had thee most amazing voice lesson last night!! So excited! Did you know that I am a soprano? *smile*

One audition tomorrow, one on Saturday, and one on Monday........... keep your fingers crossed!
* 10:27 AM

Tuesday, January 16, 2001

Back in New York......and boy is it cold! It is suppossed to be a high of 35 degrees today! Thank goodness I bought some silk long underwear while I was in LA. It's kind of nice to be back. I have my own place, my own schedule, my own food! Of course, I loved being home in Claremont....but, it's hard to have your own life while staying at your mom's house.

So, I was on the subway this morning, on my way to work, when a funny thing happened! I had my headphones on, listening to a cd that my friend Ryan made for me. Now, those who know me well know that every morning, I sneeze........not only once, but at least three times. It's in the family. My brother does it too. Ok, so there was this businessman sitting next to me. After I was done sneezing (four times) I noticed he was looking at me. Because I had my music on, I'm not sure if he said "bless you" or anything like that, or if he was just staring at me! Either way, I didn't want to be rude by not saying anything so I said "thank you". A couple of seconds later, I started laughing hysterically because I thought, what if he didn't say anything and was just staring at me because of all of my sneezes. What if he thought how gross it was that I was possibly spreading germs to him!! AND I SAID THANK YOU!! He must've thought I was a freak! It was so funny.

I guess you had to be there.........sometimes things are really hillarious in the early morning.
* 6:22 AM